This year is set to be bigger and better than ever, with eight exciting WorkSafe Games of the Month planned in leagues across the state with our first event kicking off in the South West Football Netball League on April 30.
Now in its 15th year, the WorkSafe Game of the Month centres around traditional grudge matches between country football and netball club rivals and attract large crowds of fervent supporters.
WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country partners with Netball Victoria to bring some of football’s and netball’s biggest names to the matches to meet the locals and share their sporting stories, with current-day AFL player Ambassadors, football personalities and the likes of AFL champions Russell Robertson, David Parkin and Peter Knights set to appear in season 2017.
Spectators can enjoy the local atmosphere with a host of family-friendly activities including football and netball themed inflatables, face painting and giveaways, plus see your face on the big screen with the WorkSafe LED truck scoreboard.
Another highlight is the National Anthem prior to the game sung by a local identity and the post-match presentations where our WorkSafe Ambassadors will present the sought-after WorkSafe Trophy and best on ground medal.
Just as WorkSafe is committed to supporting country football in Victoria, so too are they committed to its vision of making sure every Victorian returns home safely every day.
See below for this year’s WorkSafe Game of the Month locations:
- Sunday 30th April – South West FL: Branxholme-Wallacedale v Coleraine
- Sunday 28th May – Ovens & King FL: North Wangaratta v King Valley
- Sunday 4th June– Geelong & DFL: Winchelsea v Geelong West
- Sunday 18th June – West Gippsland FNL: Phillip Island v Dalyston
- Sunday 16th July – Yarra Valley: Healesville v Olinda
- Sunday 23rd July – Central Highlands FNL: Daylesford v Gordon
- Sunday 30th July – Horsham District FL: Edenhope Apsley v Kalkee
- Sunday 6th August –Loddon Valley FNL: Calivil United v Pyramid Hill